cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fail to use NDMP global credential for NBU

FlyMountain
   VIP   

We are setting up multiple EMC NAS systems backup with NBU7.1 but fail to use NDMP global credential. Different media servers will be used since NASs located on different places.

1. " Global NDMP credentials are not valid on back-level media servers" Not sure what is it exactly mean?  Are we only able to use global credential on master/media server?      2. If we decide not to use global credential, can we use same NDMP account on diffeent NAS for configuring NDMP host on NBU? it looks we failed to do so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Global Credentials are set on the Master Servers properties if they apply to all NDMP servers in the organisation.

You then go to Media and Device management - Credentials - NDMP Hosts section and add in each NDMP host and the medi server to access it

Here you can choose whether to use the Global or Specific ones - the advanced section allows  for different credentials for each media server if you wish

All done on the Master

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Global Credentials are set on the Master Servers properties if they apply to all NDMP servers in the organisation.

You then go to Media and Device management - Credentials - NDMP Hosts section and add in each NDMP host and the medi server to access it

Here you can choose whether to use the Global or Specific ones - the advanced section allows  for different credentials for each media server if you wish

All done on the Master

Hope this helps

FlyMountain
   VIP   

thanks, will i need to apply NDMP license on master only or also need to apply on all media servers which i plan to backup NDMP data?

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

For NDMP I believe it just goes on the Master

Just Enterprise Disk, De-Dupe and Shared Storage Option on Media Servers if i remember correctly