cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file restore during catalog recover

somesh_p
Level 4

I am maintaining the previous backup records in a flat file on netbackup master server. I want that file to be restored when I perform catalog recovery. where should I place that file? File content looks like this. Currently, I kep the file under /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/ directory. parent_end_notfiy will write to this file after completion of every backup. I want to retain this file even after disaster recovery of netbackup master server. please suggest an idea

bash-3.2# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/.backup_history
=============================================================================================================
DATE                     CLIENT_NAME         STATUS              BACKUP_TYPE         POLICY_NAME
=============================================================================================================
2013-12-01 06:33:15      btrcxy901-bup2       success             FULL                btrcxy901-bup2_FILES
2013-12-01 06:52:07      btrcxy901-bup2       failed                  INCR                btrcxy901-bup2_Hot_Catalog
2013-12-02 00:05:26      btrcxy901-bup2       success             INCR                btrcxy901-bup2_FILES
2013-12-02 05:19:05      btrcxy901-bup2       success             INCR                btrcxy901-bup2_FILES
2013-12-02 05:20:32      btrcxy901-bup2       success             INCR                btrcxy901-bup2_FILES

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Configure email notification in Catalog backup policy. The DR-file will be sent to you. DR-file should be saved on another filesystem as where the catalogs reside. Network share is best. When you start catalog recovery, you will be prompted for the DR-file location. Type in path to relevant DR-file. Detailed instructions for Catalog recovery in Troubleshooting Guide. See 'Handy NBU links ' in my signature for links to all manuals .

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

One more thing - Only catalogs are restored during catalog recovery. Anything else must be restored separately after catalog recovery (provided it was backed up).

*** EDIT ***

When I look at the location of your text file, it should be backed up along with the images.
You should be able to browse your catalog backup and expand the image section to see if this text file is in the list.
... BUT... since your Catalog backup has been failing, best that you spend time and energy to troubleshoot the Catalog backup rather than worrying about this text file!