cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing a catalog from a 5.0 environment into a new 6.0 environment

Shawn_Dutton
Not applicable
I need to import a catalog off of a Netbackup 5.0 server onto a Netbackup 6.0 server. We don't want to loose our vault information. The existing server which is the master/media server (Solaris 8) is going off line and is being replaced by 3 new servers (master/media (Solaris 10), media (Solaris 10), and media (Windows2003). Our initial goal is to get everything up and running on the new master/media server first and then start breaking things off to the media servers. Almost forgot to mention...the new server name is different. My question is: Has anyone every done this? If so, how? Did you run into any major problems?
2 REPLIES 2

AKopel
Level 6
I don't know that you can do that.
I would think your best bet, is to install NBU 5.0 on your new environment (assuming you haven't done any backups yet with it) drop in your 5.0 catalog, then upgrade to 6.0.

Ankur_Kumar
Level 5
Ola everyone

I guess before the inception of the migration plan, stop all backups currently active or schedule them in such a manner that they complete by desired time, as soon as when all the backups successfully complete, take a catalogue backup.
just in case you may need to revert back, taking in consideration the netbackup 6.0 stability, which is not looking very good.

remove the package for netbackup 5.0
install netbackup 6.0 package
similalry upgrade your media servers
on the master do a nbupushdata as well as in the media servers in successions.

I guess thats all that needs to be done.

Please do get in touch with a Veritas personnel for a accurate POA.

Wishing you all the very best with netbackup 6.0 and GodSpeed.

Chiao
Ankur Kumar