Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license utilization

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
hi guys,

how can i know the extent to which i have utilized my license. e.g NetBackup Client Windows Protect Server v6.0 License.

is there any command i can type to get this?

thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
is available & license keys can be accessed via Admin Console/Help/License Keys...here you can add/delete license keys, show summary of active features, active capacity-based features etc etc.

From the man page for bpminlicense:
"...
The bpminlicense utility manages a NetBackup license file. The preferred method to manage NetBackup licenses is to use the Help > License Keys panel in the NetBackup Administration console. For UNIX servers, you may use the get_license_key(1M) utility to manage the NetBackup licenses, which is preferred to this command.
..."

Not sure about your specific requirements tho'.

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Hi,

Not sure if you have a license with Client Count feature (specified number of clients), but you can check the license key by running the following command

..\netbackup\bin\admincmd\get_license_key

-Rajeev

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified
i run NB on windows 2003. veritas 6.5.1.  can i have the commands for windows OS?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
as pointed out above or the bpminlicense command:

Excerpt below, but check in the NetBackup Commands Guide for Windows for more info.

SYNOPSIS
install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpminlicense [-path license_key_file| -M server] [-debug] [-verbose] [-list_keys] [-nb_features |-sm_features]
install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpminlicense [-path license_key_file| -M server] [-debug] [-verbose] -find_keys | -delete_keys | -add_keys keystring1 .. keystringn
install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpminlicense -nb_ufid fid [-debug][-verbose]