Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media server not active

Howell_P
Level 3
Partner

Hi,,

I'm encoutering this problem with my tape device and occuring intermittently..

Heres the error logs:

09/23/2008 09:45:49 - awaiting resource cbshp02-hcart3-robot-tld-0. Waiting for resources.

Reason: Tape media server is not active, Media server: cbshp02.pldt.pldtgroup.net,

Robot Type(Number): TLD(0), Media ID: N/A, Drive Name: N/A,

Volume Pool: unix, Storage Unit: cbshp02-hcart3-robot-tld-0, Drive Scan Host: N/A

Does anyone have any idea with this problem?  I have also run scan and vmoprcmd and the device is listed on the output of these commands.. I have also configured the devices using device configuration wizard and able detect it successfully..

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

@Howell P wrote:

09/23/2008 09:45:49 - awaiting resource cbshp02-hcart3-robot-tld-0. Waiting for resources.

Reason: Tape media server is not active, Media server: cbshp02.pldt.pldtgroup.net,

Robot Type(Number): TLD(0), Media ID: N/A, Drive Name: N/A,

Volume Pool: unix, Storage Unit: cbshp02-hcart3-robot-tld-0, Drive Scan Host: N/A

Have you tried re-starting the services on the media server?

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified

Howell,

We need to determine the status of the media server by running this command.

#/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd -hoststatus -h cbshp02.pldt.pldtgroup.net

and the output for this command should tell us if the Server is OFFLINE or ACTIVE.

From the logs I see cbshp02.pldt.pldtgroup.net as your media server and  if the media server is OFFLINE, we can activate it as follows.

#/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmoprcmd -activate_host -h cbshp02.pldt.pldtgroup.net

Let me know how it goes.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

What version of NBU do you have? if is less then 6.x try running

bpschedreq -read_stunits

bpschedreq -read_stu_config

then check under the bpsched logs for the number of drives that bpsched is seeing:

grep -i "available drive" log.<date> you must see something like

<2> process_message: available drives for STU1: 3 0 0
<2> process_message: available drives for STU3: 8 0 0

where the last numbers are the number of drives available is all are 0 then you will this kind of issues also many 219's 

if your drive is SSO check with vmdareq -D <drive> if your scan host for the drive is not down.

hope this helps.

regards

Howell_P
Level 3
Partner
Thanks...