cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mixed media library

Joseph_Ruggero
Level 3
Hello,

I have a STK L700 loaded with SDLT320 drives using SDLT1 tape. Will be adding 2 SDLT 600 drives with SDLT II media for these drives. I have the barcodes for the media to reflect the differences. Will there need to be any changes within Netbackup for it to recognize and differentiate this media?  I thought I remember reading about an option that needs to be activiated for this to work, but cannot find any info on the internets.

thanks in advance,

joseph
3 REPLIES 3

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
I believe the "Drive Type" of the exiting SDLT320 is "DLT". When the SDLT600 is installed, you need to add/configure to NB that their drive type is DLT2. Same goes to the "Media Type" when you introduce the new media (to automate, you can add that into the barcode rules).

Wes_T__Gator
Level 5
Does your dlt drive have the ability to write to the dlt2 media?  If not, have you taken that into consideration?

Todd_Bevins
Level 3
I have an environment that too uses an L700 with both 9940B and LTO2 tape drive.  The barcodes are different for the two media types and there are barcode rules for each type to direct it to be HCART or HCART2.  When you install the new drives you will setup the Storage Units according to the media density (HCART or HCART2) to match.