cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mssql full jobs not being picked up in vault NBU 6.0 MP4

Janet_White_2
Level 3
This is the first run of offsite vaulting since NBU 6.0 MP4 new install. I have the the number of days between 15 days and 10 days which covers 11/29-12/4. profile consists of all policies, all backup types, all volume groups all media servers and schedules Full. I have an mssql full backup which successfully ran on 12/3, vault is not trying to vault it, not mentioned anywhere in any of the logs for the session. I know that the Full schedule kicks of Default application backup/User Backup, which should be covered under all backup types. Am I overlooking something? all the other jobs from this time span are vaulting correctly. Thank you for your time.
3 REPLIES 3

DavidParker
Level 6
Janet,
I believe you need to have the schedule selection match exactly with what the schedule names are in the MSSQL policy (both schedules).

So, if you have schedules called 'Full' and 'Default-Application Backup' then you would need to have both of those selected in the Vault profile.

>I know that the Full schedule kicks of Default
>application backup/User Backup, which
>should be covered under all backup types.

Sort of correct: the schedule selection is effectively filtering out all the Default application backups.

Hope that helps!

Janet_White_2
Level 3
ok that makes sense, I guess I will just have to run special vault jobs to include only the day that the full mssql jobs run so I don't get all the incrementals also. Thank you very much.

DavidParker
Level 6
No problem!

Happy backing up!