cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbdeployutil Output questions

vksingh
Level 4

Below is my output of nbdeployutil. Somethings I cannot understand

1) How come number of clients is different in Analyzed section (Total clients: 416) from Capacity by Policy Type section (Client Occurence: 482)

2) What is Platform base? I am assuming Netbackup all add-ons and Agents apart from Deduplication, Realtime and ReplicationDirector. How/why is platform base different from Cacculated and Charged figures under Capacity Totals?

Compression Ratio: 1.40 The compression ratio is the percentage by which the size of compressed backups are increased.  

Analyzed:              
Master Server Start Date End Date Number of Days Total Clients Total Policies Input Directory  
xxxxxx 26/05/2012 24/08/2012 89 416 85 xxxxx  
Total       416 85    

Capacity Totals (TB)       Breakdown by Platform SKU (TB)
Master Server Calculated (TB) Charged (TB)   Platform Base Deduplication Add-on RealTime Add-on ReplicationDirector Add-on
xxxxx 55.24 55.24   56.16 0.00 0.00 0.00
Total 55.24 55.24   56.16 0.00 0.00 0.00

Capacity by Policy Type              
Policy Type Total (TB)   Client Occurences Largest 10 Clients      
Standard 8.66   129 xxxxx      
Oracle 26.31   34 xxxxx      
MS-Windows-NT 2.12   37 xxxxx      
MS-SQL-Server 0.18   6 xxxxx      
FlashBackup-Windows 17.97   276 xxxxx      
Total 55.24   482        

Flagged Capacity Figures (TB)    
Master Server Confirmed (TB) Database Estimation Possible Overlap Multistream Estimation Size Unavailable (count)    
xxxxx 23.21 26.49 31.92 0.05 0    
Total 23.21 26.49 31.92 0.05 0    
2 REPLIES 2

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I believe.. someone might correct me here.. but Total Clients should be the Unique count of clients in the environment and the Total Occurances is the amount of clients you have listed in policies IE not the unique count. so you might have some clients in 2 policies.

Vinaitheertha1
Level 2

Hello Singh,

Hope this may help you,

1) How come number of clients is different in Analyzed section (Total clients: 416) from Capacity by Policy Type section (Client Occurrence: 482)

The total occurrence of the Client on the policies which may even count the multiple occurrence of a same client in different policies.

2) What is Platform base? I am assuming Netbackup all add-ons and Agents apart from Deduplication, Realtime and ReplicationDirector. How/why is platform base different from Calculated and Charged figures under Capacity Totals?

Platform Base TB count is the actual FETB, Front End Tera Bytes that you have used out of what you have purchased.

The charged and calculated TB is what that changed [or backed up] during the period that you ran the report for; normally 30 days.

Regards,

Vinay