cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbdna against a list of clients

SARA_8
Level 4

I'm using NetBackup 7.01 and  usually encounter backup failures related to network. I'm trying to use nbdna command but I have more than 1000 clients in my NetBackup.I read the manual but couldnot find how can I run nbdna against only a list of clients ?

I read the manual but couldnot find

Master server : AIX 6.1

media : AIX 6.1 & RedHat 6.1

clients: Windows, AIX & Linux

cat myclient.txt

sv0991

sv0933

sv0112

sv0223

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You want to use the -f=filename command line switch:

DOCUMENTATION and DOWNLOAD: How to use Symantec's NetBackup Domain Network Analyzer (NBDNA) version 2.1 and BPTESTNETCONN.
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125454

Example 3
In this example, nbdna is run with verbose output and importing hostname list with -f and -overwritelist switch:

# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/support/nbdna -verbose -f=hostnames.txt -overwritelist

File format example:
SERVER dellpe2400
CLIENT 10.12.249.20
LOOKUP 10.82.108.136

So you'll need to prepend all your client entries in myclient.txt with the word CLIENT, I think.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You want to use the -f=filename command line switch:

DOCUMENTATION and DOWNLOAD: How to use Symantec's NetBackup Domain Network Analyzer (NBDNA) version 2.1 and BPTESTNETCONN.
 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125454

Example 3
In this example, nbdna is run with verbose output and importing hostname list with -f and -overwritelist switch:

# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/support/nbdna -verbose -f=hostnames.txt -overwritelist

File format example:
SERVER dellpe2400
CLIENT 10.12.249.20
LOOKUP 10.82.108.136

So you'll need to prepend all your client entries in myclient.txt with the word CLIENT, I think.

Good luck!

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You can generate a list of clients using:

bpplclients -allunique -l