cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbu5.1 Vault Catalog Backup failed (125)

kidlatngkavite
Level 3
hi we have a vault policy that backs up the catalog, eject tapes, and then prints out reports.

yesterday we encountered an error on the part where it backs up catalog, another catalog backup is in progress, problem is the tapes are all ejected, except for the supposed to be catalog backup, and the report came out with this tape on the the media going offsite.

can i re-run this job to create a catalog backup and eject it, even if in the  current netbackup catalog the other tapes have already gone offsite?
8 REPLIES 8

Stumpr2
Level 6
It is little value to have the tapes offsite without the catalog backup. If you ever had to import a case of tapes you would understand the importance of having the catalog. That's experience talking.

kidlatngkavite
Level 3
yes bob I agree with you, thats why i wanna know the implications if i re-run the vault policy again, with the actual tapes to be vaulted already ejected by netbackup, to able to have a copy of the catalog before actually sending the tapes offsite...

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
I'm sure I used to in v5.1 (and v6.0) at another site.  We would re-run vault, and only another catalog tape would be ejected.

Stumpr2
Level 6
simply rerun and the software will skip over any images that are already duplicated.

Colin_North
Level 6
As Bob has said, you can run a Vault profile again and Netbackup will run the Catalog backup step and will ignore the tape ejects if your tapes have already been ejected.

We use vaulting and sometimes get a 124 error, and just run the vault profile again.

125's are normally caused by 2 Catalog backups running at the same time - best to run your vaulting catalog backup at a time when there are no other Catalog backups running.

Colin.

kidlatngkavite
Level 3
thank you very much to all!!!

ive just started to use this forum and it seems that you can award some sort of points.

how can i award this to you guys?

Stumpr2
Level 6
Oh, we don't need no stinkin' points.
we do this just for fun. There is no way to award points.
Now if you happen to have been helped then please participate in helping others.
That's kinda how things work here.

I'm glad you came.
Return often.
And don't forget to help someone out when you are able to.

kidlatngkavite
Level 3
thanks a lot Bob! i Will do that! Smiley Happy