cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup 6.5.2 compatibity with Solaris 2.6

barrowboy
Level 3

We are currently looking to upgrade our environment . We have a Solaris 9 master/media server running Netbackup 5.1 mp4 and are looking to upgrade to 6.5.2. However we have a small number of Solaris 2.6 clients which currently have netbackup 5.1 client installed. Will we still be able to backup these clients post upgrade retaining the 5.1 client agent .

4 REPLIES 4

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

MAYBE.  The 5.x client was never certified for Solaris 2.6 (the last supported client was 4.5) so I can tell you it definitely won't be supported...and isn't even supported as you have it now.  If it works, fantastic - if it doesn't work...we won't be able to offer you much in the way of help.

DOCUMENTATION: NetBackup multi-version co-existence: what combinations of 6.5.2, 6.5.1, 6.5, 6.0, 5.1, 5.0 client, media, and master servers are supported?

http://support.veritas.com/docs/264767

Marcus_Reid
Level 2

Are you sure that it's the 5.1 client that you have running under Solaris 2.6?  If so, what patchlevel is it?  I'm also looking for a way to back up Solaris 2.6 clients with Netbackup 6.5.2, and I'm running into unresolved library dependencies with the 5.1 client.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

erodger
Not applicable
Did you ever find a way to backup Solaris 2.6 or Solaris 7 clients with Netbackup 6.5 server?  I also have the same scenario, and cannot upgrade the clients' OSes.  Would like to avoid backing up via NFS mounts, if possible.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Can't help you with Solaris 2.6, but we are still running a Solaris 7 client at 5.1MP6 off our Solaris 9 Master running 6.5.1.

Had to patch the Solaris 7 kernel to 106541-42 to allow this (not sure if there was an associated TechNote or I just tried it!!)

Our other Solaris 6 or 7 boxes are being backed up in the "old-fashioned" way via internal/external DDS or DLT tape drives - but hopefully they'll all be replaced by the turn of the cent.. sorry ..year!

Sorry can't be of more help - good luck!