cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup exclude CLUSDB under C:\windows\cluster

Level 2

Hi:

Could someone please help me in restoring Windows 2008 cluster servers or share documentation on cluster restore.

Im able to restore the server but cluster service failing to start and clusdb is not restored.

We're running NetBackup 7.6.02.  I found this technote but there's no clear solution:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/clusdb-file-windows-2008-microsoft-cluster

We performed backup on both node at the same time and CLUSDB was excluded on both backups.  It was not produced the same result per the note:

hi,

Just to update on this case.

on MSCS cluster netbackup check which node is the active one @ the cluster and it will backup this node clusdb file.

the rest of the nodes clusdb will get excluded.

summary: clusdb file is in system state restore on active node only"

Thx so much ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76997 :

NOTE: These files will be backed up during a System_State: and Shadow Copy Components:\ backup job.

The determination about which files and folder are classified into Shadow Copy Components happens outside of NetBackup.  If you feel a file or folder should or should not be filtered into Shadow Copy Components, you need to engage Microsoft to discuss options for modifying the file list.

You may also want to read through the TN mentioned at the bottom of the same TN:

Related Articles

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6

The above URL is actually a forum discussion. Not a technote.

Are you saying that you have restored System State of active node and the file was not there?

Level 2

Hi Marianne:

Thx so much for the quick reply.  We actually have 3 nodes and only perform the restore on 2 nodes; therefore, I'm unsure if 1 of those 2 nodes that we successfully performed the restore on was active node.  We reviewed the backed images that were taken previously and this morning on those same 2 nodes and CLUSDB was excluded on both.

11:03:23.866 [232348.232396] <2> tar_base::V_vTarMsgW: INF - Filtered 'BEDS Exclude' Object: C:\Windows\Cluster\CLUSDB

Marianne
Level 6

As per http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76997 :

NOTE: These files will be backed up during a System_State: and Shadow Copy Components:\ backup job.

The determination about which files and folder are classified into Shadow Copy Components happens outside of NetBackup.  If you feel a file or folder should or should not be filtered into Shadow Copy Components, you need to engage Microsoft to discuss options for modifying the file list.

You may also want to read through the TN mentioned at the bottom of the same TN:

Related Articles

Level 2

Hi Marianne:

My apolgies for the late reply.  it is the wekeend and I got a lot to catch up.  Thx so much for your guidance.  Here is what I have and would like to see how you think.

1). From the technote you send (76997), in our case, the missing CLUSDB that was excluded from the regular file system backup but if should be backed up inside the Shadow Copy Component.

2). To my knowledge, the only way we could verfiy that is by restoring the SCC to a temp folder so I can review it.  Do you agree with it?

Thx so much and look forward to hear back from you.

Marianne
Level 6

My turn to apologise for late response.

My understanding is the same as yours.

Let us know the outcome of your tests.