Majinga-z
Not applicable

Hello??

what netbackup version support ipv6?

And can i check that where it is??

8 REPLIES 8

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup 7.01 support IPv6 I was told this in a support case I had not lone time ago.

The release notes does not say direct IPv6 is supported, but there are some hint's that indicate it .e.g NBSU now support ipv6

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH124476

Giroevolver
Level 6

IPV6 will be supported in 7.1 when its released.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Similar to Nicolai's post, there is a further T/N that intimates it is supported at 7.01 (or even 7.0 if you want to push the wording!):

BUG REPORT: When IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) is enabled, NetBackup daemons will not start after upgrading to 7.0.1.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH138254

There is an EEB attached to this TechNote to correct this specific issue : "Note:  This package is intended to address a specific condition or issue within an environment which meets the criteria documented above.  DO NOT install this package if your environment is not experiencing the specific issue or does not match the criteria in which the issue could occur." - altho' the other workaround for the issue described in the TechNote is to "Remove/Uninstall the IPv6 protocol." !!

Giroevolver
Level 6

In the beta of 7.1 one of the key features is support for IPV6 so I would assume that its not supported before this. Maybe it did sort of work but not correctly?!?

I have always been told by support to disable IPV6 as it causes issues when running 7.0 and 7.0.1

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Sounds about right! ;)

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Keep in mind there IS a difference between "NetBackup happening to still work, even after IPv6 is enabled" and "Actual, full blown support of NetBackup in an IPv6 environment" :)

I won't comment on any ongoing betas, of course, but you can probably read between the lines - or just read other posts in this thread - and come to your own conclusions about when IPv6 might officially be supported.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

....just because it's not supported, doesn't mean it won't work.

Cheers Chris!

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The toughest emails I have to write are the ones that say "I can't TELL whether or not it will WORK...I can only tell you it's NOT SUPPORTED."  Well...they're not tough for me to write; it's more that it's tough to get the recipient to acknowledge that I'm being as precise as I can while not actually answering the question they WANT answered.

(Look, Andy!  I finally got my fourth pie slice!!  I can be taken seriously again!!!  ;) )