cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no output via bpimagelist

manish331
Level 4

Hi,

when i run bpimagelist command on my window master server. getting below error.

E:\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpimagelist.exe -l
Error occurred during initialization, check master configuration file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What OS are you running your master server on? If its 2008, the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 User Account Control (UAC) settings may interfere with some operations.

Right clicking on the GUI and also RUN AS administrator will resolve this issue. Even though you have admin rights, its still limited by Microsoft as a security measure. That's why you have the elevated administrative rights (RUN AS administrator) option.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VerJD
Level 4
Employee

Make sure to run the Windows Command Prompt by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator", then run the command again, and let us know if the issue persists.

If so, since that command is in the "admincmd" directory, it will log errors to the admin log. You can turn up verbosity to 5 and re-run the command, check the log, and report the findings here.

On a side note, is this a new install? Did you install the software also using "Run as Administrator"?

Otherwise, are you seeing any other issues that might indicate that your bp.conf file is possibly corrupted? (I'm wondering if you may be seeing the same issues listed in this technote TECH65566.)

JD | Veritas NetBackup Support

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Like JD said, not using elevated administrative rights (RUN AS administrator) is usually why this occurs. 

I am curious to see if running the bpclntcmd command on the master server returns the same results.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

From the master server congole do :

bpimagelist -hoursago 24 

There is also a fine tech note for new users of bpimagelist:

How to use the "bpimagelist" utility to browse for images and media_id where they are written to

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH91133

manish331
Level 4

no out put via GUI as well. Error is "bpimagelist:terminating- cannot open debug file: Permission denied(13).

I configure it 4 months before. I do not remember as i configured it as right click on file and select as administrator. but i have admin right.

On media server command is running.

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What OS are you running your master server on? If its 2008, the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 User Account Control (UAC) settings may interfere with some operations.

Right clicking on the GUI and also RUN AS administrator will resolve this issue. Even though you have admin rights, its still limited by Microsoft as a security measure. That's why you have the elevated administrative rights (RUN AS administrator) option.