cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES" in exclude list and including any specific drive in include list

Santhosh_M
Level 3

Hi team,

can any one confirm if I can add "ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES" in exclude list and including any specific drive in include list.

Will that work?

Also please confirm if this can work in Unix too..!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

in my understanding, vaild entries for exclude list is file or directory(folder) name. Directives can not be used in n exclude list.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

in my understanding, vaild entries for exclude list is file or directory(folder) name. Directives can not be used in n exclude list.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I agree with Yasuhisa. Always curious why anyone would want to do something like this. Why not specify what you want to backup in Backup Selection?

Santhosh_M
Level 3

Hi,

We have different clients configured under one policy, and each server have its own backup target drives.

Is there any way that I can take backup of intended drive / backup targets without creating a new policy.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You could use ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES as your backup selection then just add exclude lists on each client for any local filesystem or directories you don't want to backup ?

Santhosh_M
Level 3

If the server is having NAS drives, then that will be a problem again.. taking backup of unwanted data.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is wrong with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in Backup Selection and Exclude List for each client (if needed)? 

That is how most users are doing it....

The alternative is a policy per client with Backup Selection for the particular client.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You can only specify volumes on NAS, so add them into separate policies

Santhosh_M
Level 3

we also doing the same Marianne, But checking if we have any option to add the directive in exclude list.

Its fine, I came to know we do not have option. Thank you.