Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore 2k3 client error

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
Hi
In our customer I've found this bug during restore process of Domain Controller...
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274353.htm

My question is: All backups are affected end no restorable or this is only error of restore process and after upgrade to MP4 I will be able to restore all previous backups ??
5 REPLIES 5

zippy
Level 6
Merek,

The doc say to apply MP4 when it comes out:
ETA of Fix: Fixed in NetBackup 5.1 Maintenance Pack 4 (MP4).

Backup your system and apply the patch I would think.

j

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
hmm I will install MP4 but the most important question is: Will I be able to restore backups which were done using MP3,MP2 or MP1 ??? Is this bug of restore process only ???

zippy
Level 6
yes you can restore it.

I allways shut down the Netbackup Server first and in my case I make a tar ball of the /usr/openv file system and put in in a safe place, then I install the MP4 on the Master.

Sometimes if I have space I will make a copy of openv and soft link it to the copy and upgrade the copy and "not" the production system.

Best to mess up the copy and not the production, if it works then delete the copy, make one more and upgrade the porduction.

cool?

J

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
James.. I know how to install MP :) regarding backups which were done earlier - I have to make some restore test..

I've found on another forum that MP4 doesn't resolve this issue... hmm this is some kind of registry restore error..

greetz

MayurS
Level 6
Just for information :
MP4 is having issues with duplication.
If you are performing duplications consult with Veritas technician and then only apply MP4.