cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tpclean doesn't recognize cleaning tapes in robot

mwrandall
Level 2

I have 4 cleaning cartridges, 1/2". I have them showing up in the NetBackup GUI properly, but when I run tpclean, it doesn't notice them. We have a Quantum Scalar i80 robotic tape library, with 4 LTO-5 tape drives. The regular media and the drives are configured as HCART2, and the cleaning media are configured as HC2_CLN. Why doesn't this work?

# tpclean -C HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.000
No cleaning tape is defined in the device's robot or 0 cleanings remaining

I ran tpclean -M driveID on one of the drives, and it marks it as cleaned and reset the mount time, as expected, but I can't get the -C to actually run a cleaning.

# tpclean -L
Drive Name Type Mount Time Frequency Last Cleaned Comment
QUANTUM.DLT8000.000 dlt2 0.0 0 N/A
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.000 hcart2* 3001.6 1000 N/A
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.001 hcart2* 0.0 1000 16:08 08/18/2017
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.002 hcart2* 2044.9 1000 N/A
HP.ULTRIUM5-SCSI.003 hcart2* 2032.1 1000 N/A

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Does cleaning tapes show the robot number, and what is the volume pool they are in ? they should be NONE volume pools.

and howmany cleaning remaining on each cleaning tape, do they have avaliable cleanings?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please show us output of vmquery for one of the cleaning tapes:
vmquery -m (media-id)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The cleaning tapes need valid cleaning label in order to work correctly with Netbackup.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It would be nice if @mwrandall could show us vmquery output for one of the cleaning tapes....

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

With the barcode as defined by the library vendor.  Usually CLNxxx but I have in the past seen a library that needed the cleaning tape barcode as CLU_xxx