cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of bpexpdate to delete one client from basic disk

trs06
Level 5

Netbackup Enterprise 7.1.0.4.  I have a basic disk out of space.  I've disabled the policy that backs up to it.  I need to completely delete all images for a single client.  I think bpexpdate is the one to use but the "-m media id" scares me.  It is impractical to specify each media id separately and wild card characters didn't work for me.  The posts I've read seem to interchange host name for client name.  This is what I think I should use but am terrified of deleting all images.  Also am I better to run the command on the media server with the attached basic disk or the master server?

bpexpdate -m all -d 0 -host dc05.xxx -force -M utlpxxxx      the x's just indicate the whole name of client and master server.

Please help

thx

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Consider using the GUI. I hope these images are already duplicated or you don't care about them.

Go to the catalog section in GUI -> and put the client name that you want -> sepcify the date range as per your requirement. It will show you all the images of that client there. Simply right click selecting multiple images or all of them and expire.

Once done run the bpimage -cleanup and immediately it will delete these images from the disk.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Consider using the GUI. I hope these images are already duplicated or you don't care about them.

Go to the catalog section in GUI -> and put the client name that you want -> sepcify the date range as per your requirement. It will show you all the images of that client there. Simply right click selecting multiple images or all of them and expire.

Once done run the bpimage -cleanup and immediately it will delete these images from the disk.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with sazz's excellent post.

For future reference, -m should only be used with tape media to expire all images on a particular tape.

The cmd option that you need is :
bpexpdate -backupid <backup id> -d 0

So, you first need to find image Id's for this client. 'Images on Disk' report is one way to find backup id's for this client.

trs06
Level 5

Thanks.  That worked well though I would still have liked to been sure about the CLI.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

CLI in my post above...