Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSphere 5 options

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi all!

In NBU 7.1 there was problem, that after fail of backup proxy host, all policies where it was specified will fail, to solve you need to create a few policies where you should specify another backup host. Is this problem some how fixed in version 7.5?

In version 7.5 added few features, for example "Exclude Deleted Blocks" and "Exclude swapping and paging files", which load this features add to backup host or media server?

Which VADP method uses NetBackup 7.5 file level backup or image level backup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think I am getting what you are asking so here goes:

1. In 7.5 you can use "Backup Media Server" which includes all of your hosts specified in the Masters Host Properties. That way if one fails the policy can happily run to another one - no need for extra policies

2. Exclude deleted blocks and Paging files are set up in the Policy itself on the new "VMWare" tab

3. Still the Mapped Full VM backups gives you both file and vmdk level backups - snapshot option

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I think I am getting what you are asking so here goes:

1. In 7.5 you can use "Backup Media Server" which includes all of your hosts specified in the Masters Host Properties. That way if one fails the policy can happily run to another one - no need for extra policies

2. Exclude deleted blocks and Paging files are set up in the Policy itself on the new "VMWare" tab

3. Still the Mapped Full VM backups gives you both file and vmdk level backups - snapshot option

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Sorry my english is not very good.

In second question i mean which additional load (CPU, RAM) will this options create on NetBackup coronets? Because i have a lot of VM i need to know should i enable this options or not. Maybe this option may increase backup window?

Thanks for first and third answers.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The option just decides what to process - all done by interaction with vCenter so you should not need to worry about them adding any extra load.

Remember that you can limit the loads in various ways via the Master Server Host Properties - Resource Limit Section