cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault operation

C_Moisan
Level 4

Is there any way for NB to send only FULL tapes to the vault? I don't see any way of specifying that anywhere. I had an LTO4 tape sent to the vault with a whopping 928KB on it... If anyone has any idea, apart from doing it manually, please let me know.

Moyzan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

Unfrotunalty Vault does not have the faciltiy to eject only Full tapes, it works on the backup date,

I guess its the recommented method to do that also.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

Unfrotunalty Vault does not have the faciltiy to eject only Full tapes, it works on the backup date,

I guess its the recommented method to do that also.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

At the risk of leaving a backup tape (or two) onsite a little longer, we adjusted our "Backup Started:" parameters to "between 366 days 0 hours and 1 days and 0 hours."  This means that any backup images that are less than 1 day old, which are the ones *most* likely to not be full, are not sent offsite until the next Vault run so they have a chance to have more data added to them.  We do still have some tapes that go offsite that are not full, but there are fewer of them now.

C_Moisan
Level 4

Thanks for your answers. I'm a bit disapointed that it's not possible to do that. Where can I submit a feature request? Ron, I would have to test it to see if it gives good results... Thanks for the suggestion, though.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

There are already two or three posts in the Ideas section, found in the drop-down "Forum" tab above:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/vault-full-tapes

Be sure to click the thumbs-up for any ideas you find useful.  There are a number of really good ideas that simply have not been implemented yet.