cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Opscenter control access by IP filtering?

AnthonyTsang
Level 4

Hi all,

Can opscenter control access by IP filtering ?? I don't want to explosure the login page to users

If no, any solution to get the same result?

2 REPLIES 2

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

HI,

Try to this

click Settings, then go to Configuration and then click on the Agent tab (second from left to right). You will need to select on which host does the Agent run (by default it will be the very same host you installed OpsCenter onto, so just type in the name of your Windows machine there), the family type OS (Windows obviously), the PBX port (1556 by default, this is the Private Branch Exchange port and I don't recommend that you change its number) and finally you'll need to choose the network interface that connects to the master (it's usually the same IP that you accessed OpsCenter from, see point 4 above). Once you've done all this, the new Agent should appear just below the Integrated Agent, so click on it to check the settings again.*NOTE* You don't need this step if you run NetBackup 7.x!

Reference

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/opscenter-installation-and-troubleshooting-tutorial-how

tom_sprouse
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Anthony,

I understand your questions, and yes it can be done, but it is not officially supported, as it requires modification to either the web.xml file or server.xml file.

I have provided this information in the past to a customer, as a "Use at your own Risk!" option.

I will need to look this information up tomorrow, and can provide it to you, with the understanding, it is not an offical use of the OpsCenter product.

--Tom

If you need the information soon, I can tell you that OpsCenter runs on our version of Apache / TomCat and there are many articles out there providing IP ALLOW or DENY

Example: 

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="x.x.x.x"/>

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" deny="x.x.x.x"/>