cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting OpsCenter securely with multiple backup servers

rjsuresh
Level 3

I have few questions on setting up a centralized OpsCenter monitoring solution for our Backup Environment.  Please help me with the following:

1)  We have multiple datacenter and I want to monitor all the backup servers in one OpsCenter (centralized).  Three environment need to share the data over internet.  I want to ensure that opscenter get the data securely.  How can I do that?  How to ensure that PBX/1556 is scured/encrypted?

2) Is there way we can ensure OpsCenter to authenticate with agent in backup server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Suresh

4 REPLIES 4

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What is the NBU and OCA version? What is the OS version on NBU servers and OCA?

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Check the OCA admin guide. It clearly says that PBX port number configuration is not supported. So we must make sure that port 1556 is open bidirectional on OCA and master server

OCA NBU PBX Port Info.png

If it helped please mark it solution...

rjsuresh
Level 3

I understood this.  My questions was how to ensure that data flowing is secured between Backup server and OpsCenter server?

Seems NBAC is the solution and investigating that.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
NBAC is for something else what u r talking about is communication between the boxes and u only need the pbx por open how u encrypt the data between your DCs is sonething u manage at network level most commonly through a VPN. Check the netbackup security and encription guide for more details on the ports relationship. Hope this helps.