Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Policies

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Environment is

Windows 2003 64 bit with OpsCenter 7.0.1 (upgraded from NOM)

Issue:

My client has a policy configured to send an alert when a policy is changed. On a few occasions now they've been alerted that each and every policy (around 500 policies) were deleted. This was obviously not the case.

Anyone have any clues as to why to could happen. I've checked the logs on the opscenter server but I dont see much aside from the reference to the alert event being generated and mailed. Still new with opscenter so I'm not really sure where to look.

I'm thinking it maybe lost connection to the server, or something to that effect. The master is clustered (maybe the netbackup folder was removed, opscenter still had a connection, and saw the db/class was missing???)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst

Yes, same thing really, just on a bigger scale. Poor admin had a heart attack when he saw the alert.

It was an NOM > OpsCenter upgrade so i suggested to remove the master and add it to OpsCenter again. So far no more issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jim_dalton
Level 6

Flaky software?

There's heaps of problems with opscenter, it's clear to me that large tracts of it havent been tested.

Some of mine: contentless reports, untriggered reports, drive hotspsot totally incorrect...

Jim

thesanman
Level 6

I've seen this although not to your extent.

I get an email that a policy has been deleted but it hasn't!

Must admit; haven't had the time to track it through yet.

RiaanBadenhorst

Yes, same thing really, just on a bigger scale. Poor admin had a heart attack when he saw the alert.

It was an NOM > OpsCenter upgrade so i suggested to remove the master and add it to OpsCenter again. So far no more issues.

RiaanBadenhorst

It seems the removal and adding of the master fixed the issue :)