cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ops Center Installation

Brits
Level 6

I have installed Netbackup 7.6.0.3 on Master server (on windows 2012 which comes as a full installer) ,  now I want to install ops center on master server.

I am not sure I should first install 7.6.0.1 and then upgrade or directly I can Install 7.6.0.3 ?

Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

D_Flood
Level 6

If that's your Master then you have (both for supportability and for system loading) to install OpsCenter on another box.

The OpsCenter Agent is just the little shim that OpsCenter uses to talk to the Master.  It does need to be installed on the Master.

But the rest of OpsCenter (OpsCenter Server) will have to be installed on another box.  It doesn't need to be a NetBackup related box (a Media Server for instance) but does need to have its own home.  If you have a VM farm then OpsCenter would live nicely on a VM since it only needs network connections to your Master(s).

Box1:

NetBackup Master

OpsCenter Agent

Box2:

Opscenter Server (which you can turn into OpsCenter Analytics with the right license key)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

D_Flood
Level 6

Are you trying to install the OpsCenter Agent or full OpsCenter?

Symantec doesn't recomend putting both Master and full OpsCenter on the same box.  If you have a small backup ecosystem (say less than 15 boxes) and/or a really hefty Master (say 30 cores and at least 120G RAM) then you might get away with it...for awile...

Brits
Level 6
My purpose of installing ops center is to get snmp and smtp alerts , and also to get report. Its a new setup ..I m nt sure what should I install - ops center agent or ops center server..I need your suggestion here. I will use master server as a media server also..it has 256 GB ram...

Brits
Level 6
2.60 Ghz (2 processor)

D_Flood
Level 6

If that's your Master then you have (both for supportability and for system loading) to install OpsCenter on another box.

The OpsCenter Agent is just the little shim that OpsCenter uses to talk to the Master.  It does need to be installed on the Master.

But the rest of OpsCenter (OpsCenter Server) will have to be installed on another box.  It doesn't need to be a NetBackup related box (a Media Server for instance) but does need to have its own home.  If you have a VM farm then OpsCenter would live nicely on a VM since it only needs network connections to your Master(s).

Box1:

NetBackup Master

OpsCenter Agent

Box2:

Opscenter Server (which you can turn into OpsCenter Analytics with the right license key)

Brits
Level 6
Thank you very much for clearing the things. I will get one VM for ops center server. For now, I have temp license key of ops center.. I have one media server also. Do I need to install ops center agent on media server also? Ops center server will help to get Email alert , backup reporting and SNMP alerts ...right?

Brits
Level 6

any expert comment please on the above query...

D_Flood
Level 6

OpsCenter will monitor the Media Server through the Master.  So nothing needs to be done with it.

And yes, OpsCenter is a reporting, alert, and analysis system.  It can help you find out how things are going, alert you when certain things happen, and send those alerts out via email or SNMP.

Brits
Level 6

thank you for clarity Flood. 

Brits
Level 6

One question is still unanswered , is full version of ops center 7.6.0.3 avaiable or I need to first install 7.6.0.1 and then upgrade to 7.6.0.3 ?

D_Flood
Level 6

On your Master you'll need to install OpsCenter Agent 7.6.0.1 and then the 7.6.0.3 OpsCenter Agent patch.

On your OpsCenter box you'll need to install OpsCenter Server 7.6.0.1 and then the 7.6.0.3 OpsCenter Server patch also.

Brits
Level 6

Many Thanks Flood.

Have a great day ahead.