cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opscenter custom script help !

mikg23
Level 2

Oh powerful SQL query experts, please help me with my conumdrum...

I have written the following query to produce a list of current NBU clients hand how much data is protected in a given month by week including the number of jobs ran of a given schedule. When i run the script though the data is grossly larger then actuals ... what am i doing wrong?

SELECT
domain_MasterServer.friendlyName as "Master Server",
domain_JobArchive.clientName as "Client Name",
lookup_PolicyType.name as "Policy Type" ,
domain_JobArchive.scheduleName as "Schedule",
coalesce(CAST(SUM(domain_JobArchive.preSISSize)/1024/1024/1024 AS NUMERIC (20,0)),0) AS "GB",
(count(distinct domain_JobArchive.parentJobId)) as "Jobs Ran",

DATEDIFF(WEEK, UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime), GETDATE()) as "Week#"

FROM
domain_JobArchive , domain_Policy, lookup_PolicyType, domain_MasterServer

WHERE
domain_JobArchive.clientName LIKE 'client1'
AND DATEDIFF(month,UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime), GETDATE()) <= 1
AND domain_Policy.type= lookup_PolicyType.id
AND domain_JobArchive.masterServerId = domain_MasterServer.id
AND domain_Policy.type = domain_JobArchive.policyType
AND domain_JobArchive.scheduleName != 'unknown'
AND domain_JobArchive.scheduleName != ' '
AND domain_Policy.policyDomainName = domain_JobArchive.policyDomainName
AND domain_Policy.versionNo = domain_JobArchive.policyVersionNo
AND domain_JobArchive.statusCode IN (0,1)
AND domain_JobArchive.type IN (0)
AND domain_JobArchive.presissize !=32768

GROUP BY
"domain_JobArchive"."clientName","lookup_PolicyType"."name","scheduleName","friendlyName",(DATEDIFF(WEEK, UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime), GETDATE()))
ORDER BY
"domain_JobArchive"."clientName",(DATEDIFF(WEEK, UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime), GETDATE())),"lookup_PolicyType"."name","scheduleName"

------ output ---- (sanitized to protect the innocent)

Master Server,  Client Name,     Policy Type,   Schedule,    GB Written,      Jobs Ran,      Week#
Master1             client1               Standard        full,              30,414              1                    0
Master1             client1               Standard        incr              4,685                4                    0
Master1             client1               Standard        full               43,361               1                   1
Master1             client1               Standard        incr              7,709                 6                   1
Master1             client1               Standard        full               45,751               1                   2
Master1             client1               Standard        incr              8,555                 5                   2
Master1             client1               Standard        full               44,000               1                   3
Master1             client1               Standard        incr               7,641                5                   3
Master1             client1               Standard        incr               7,791                5                   4

Sizes expected to be ~ 15 TB for fulls and ~ 2.5 TB for the incs

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello

My advice would be to take one step back and run it with out this 

coalesce(CAST(SUM(domain_JobArchive.preSISSize)/1024/1024/1024 AS NUMERIC (20,0)),0) AS "GB",
(count(distinct domain_JobArchive.parentJobId)) as "Jobs Ran",

First check if your results are correct before doing the sum or count. I sometimes find that this helps when you're grouping stuff together and you see it comes back with 2x or 3x.

HTH

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Then I'm sure its adding it up more than it should. Being a non-dba with a google degree in sql, i've had a few instances where i ran into issues like this :)

hope you figure it out!

I ended up tweaking the query to use inner joins ...

SELECT
domain_MasterServer.friendlyName as "Master Server",
domain_JobArchive.clientName as "Client Name",
lookup_PolicyType.name as "Policy Type" ,
domain_JobArchive.scheduleName as "Schedule",
count (*) as "Jobs RAN",
sum((domain_JobArchive.preSISSize))/1024/1024/1024 AS "GB",
DATEPART(week,(UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime))) as "Week#"  -- supplies year week #

FROM
domain_JobArchive
    inner join lookup_PolicyType on domain_JobArchive.policyType = lookup_PolicyType.id
    inner join domain_MasterServer on domain_JobArchive.masterServerId = domain_MasterServer.id

WHERE

DATEDIFF(MONTH,UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime), GETDATE()) <= 1
AND domain_JobArchive.scheduleName != 'unknown'
AND domain_JobArchive.scheduleName != ' '
AND domain_JobArchive.statusCode IN (0,1)  -- partial or successful jobs
AND domain_JobArchive.type = 0          -- backup only (not archive or other job types)
AND domain_JobArchive.presissize !=32768

GROUP BY
DATEPART(week,(UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime))),"domain_JobArchive"."clientName","lookup_PolicyType"."name","scheduleName","friendlyName"
ORDER BY
"domain_JobArchive"."clientName",DATEPART(week,(UTCBigIntToNomTime(domain_JobArchive.endTime))),"lookup_PolicyType"."name","scheduleName"

TonyDavids
Level 4
Employee Accredited

In your first query you included the master server name but did not group by it.

"friendlyName" is for the master and called out right before the time variable in the group by.