cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Showing only jobs that have failed on first run and on re-run - OPS Center

jacksors
Level 4
Does anyone know how to create a report in Ops Center that will show me only those jobs that have failed on multiple backup attempts? We'll get failures every night, but most of those jobs automatically re-run successfully, however just looking at it looks like a lot of failed jobs. It would make it easier to manage job re-runs and troubleshooting if I could get a report that showed only those jobs that failed on first and second run.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Zenshai
Level 4
Im not sure about OPS center, but VBR does a "smart rollup" of multiple attempts into 1 job. So if a job fails and reruns successfully there should only be 1 entry with a successful status and an attempt count of 2.

jacksors
Level 4
So is this a default thing VBR does? If I run a report that shows me all failed jobs in the last 24 hours, it should only show me ones that have failed on multiple attempts?

payners
Level 4
In VBR the normal reporting shows the status of the overall job, whether it took 1 attempt or more. If you wanted to break it down by attempts whic are kept in the backupattempt table. The backupattemptsequence shows you the job attempt.