cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Default I/O Policy in SFW5.1 for Windows

raghu_amilineni
Level 3
In Veritas volume Manager 5.0 on solaris machine, we were able to get the data for default I/O policy .

The default I/O policy information is not obtained in Veritas Storage foundation for Windows 5.1.

When I installed Storage Foundation for Windows 5.1 I observed Round-robin being set to each Active/Active array.

Can some one please provide any information how we can get to know the default I/O policy.

Thanking you,
RaghuDeep Amilineni
3 REPLIES 3

rhanley
Level 4
Hi Raghu,
     Active/Active configuration on the Windows side defaults to Round-Robin when Active/Active is configured for the array. This would then need to be changed afterwards if you preferred a different alternative (i.e. least queue depth)...

Are you looking for a specific command that shows the current policy configured, or was your question just simply what the default policy was?

Please let me know if there is any futher specific data you're after.

- Robert

raghu_amilineni
Level 3
Thanks Robert,

Thanks for giving a good answer.

Yes, I am looking for a specific command which can give me the default I/O policy.

please help me in this.

Thanking you,
RaghuDeep Amilineni

rhanley
Level 4
Hello,
    Yes, you can run the following command:

vxdmpadm arrayinfo harddiskx    (where 'x' is the harddisk#).

I see someone else in the forums commented on this specific command, and I'm not sure if that is one of your colleagues or not. Regardless, this will provide you with the load balance policy that is currently configured, but you will need to choose 1 disk from each array attached to the system.

I'm investigating to see if there is a way to report the array info on all attached arrays in a single command, but I'm guessing there is no way for this.

I will provide my response to that question to the '"Getting Tunable parameters" post, so keep an eye out for that response if you're interested in that.

Thank you,
Robert