cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstallation of VSF HA5.0 struck at 55%

Sridhar_sri
Level 5

Hi Friends,
                   can anyone tell me y it is getting struck at  55%.

Folllowing is the screenshot attached. Where the uninstall logs are storedimagebrowser image

Can any one tell me waht might be the possibility for this struck ..
last time in presence of veritas, i installed Java package and uninstalled veritas, at that instant i faced this problem. Now, in presence of veritas i installed Winodws updates for virus scanning, and uninstalled veritas i am facing this problem. is there any way to soves this ? or we have to close this and use cleanup script to solve this issue ?

With regards,
Sridhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rhanley
Level 4
Hello,
      Are you logged in locally to the server, or remotely?

If using remote desktop, make sure you are logged in with the console switch. You can verify this by opening Task Manager and selecting the 'User' tab. Here, check to see if your logged on user as a session of 0.

If not, then try logging into the physical server, or log in using the /console switch (the /console switch is the /admin switch in Vista and XP SP3).

Normally, a hung install/uninstall occurs because a prompt has been presented to the console that needs to be answered before the uninstall can continue. As long as the bar stays blue, the installation is hung. When it turns Red, it has failed.

If you have already cancelled this uninstall attempt, you will have to try and perform a removal through Add/Remove Programs again making sure to be logged in locally to the server or using the /console or /admin switch with remote desktop (i.e. mstsc /console or mstsc /admin), but if that doesn't work, you'll need to revert to the cleanup script unfortunately.

You can run mstsc /? to determine if /console or /admin is the appropriate switch for you. And remember to make sure to always check that your session ID is 0 before performing any unininstall/install of the SFW software (or any software for that matter).

I hope this helps.

- Robert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sridhar_sri
Level 5
HI friends,
               anyone faced this problme before.. any solution to solve this ?

rhanley
Level 4
Hello,
      Are you logged in locally to the server, or remotely?

If using remote desktop, make sure you are logged in with the console switch. You can verify this by opening Task Manager and selecting the 'User' tab. Here, check to see if your logged on user as a session of 0.

If not, then try logging into the physical server, or log in using the /console switch (the /console switch is the /admin switch in Vista and XP SP3).

Normally, a hung install/uninstall occurs because a prompt has been presented to the console that needs to be answered before the uninstall can continue. As long as the bar stays blue, the installation is hung. When it turns Red, it has failed.

If you have already cancelled this uninstall attempt, you will have to try and perform a removal through Add/Remove Programs again making sure to be logged in locally to the server or using the /console or /admin switch with remote desktop (i.e. mstsc /console or mstsc /admin), but if that doesn't work, you'll need to revert to the cleanup script unfortunately.

You can run mstsc /? to determine if /console or /admin is the appropriate switch for you. And remember to make sure to always check that your session ID is 0 before performing any unininstall/install of the SFW software (or any software for that matter).

I hope this helps.

- Robert

Sridhar_sri
Level 5
Thanks Robert!!!
                  I will definitely keep this in mind in my next uninstall try!!!

With regards,
sridhar