cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disk doesn't show up

jjustgood
Not applicable

Hi Team,

With regards to above change was implemented last week end, Change of the ports (Removing the old ports, adding the new one).

SAN end the new ports has been added & old one removed, after this some of the Disks were failed the after rebooting the server volumes came on line (Drives which failed at this time L:  R:  S: T: )

But the Backup volume did not come online   Hard disk 5 Shows as disconnected. (Rescanned, reactivated disk) did not help

After this issue old ports added again, still the hard disk shows as disconnected. Reactivated the san provisioned HDD 05  but same isuse

Today we disconnected   same drive with help of SAN team & reconnected it   tried reconnected still the issue remains.

Request you to help me to fix this storage drive problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi jjustgood,

Please let us know if you have things working again. 

It sounds like you may have done this operation DMP installed/used on this server.  Having multiple paths to the storage without DMP can cause corruption of data and diskgroup configuration.  I don't know if this is exact what the problem is but I would guess that the private region got corrupt if you do not have DMP installed.

If you have not fixed this issue by now, I would recommend that open a case with Symantec Technical Support so that we can help you get this back to a running state.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
What is the SF version you are using? What is the Os version? Are you sure that everything from storage is right? What storage you are using?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you see the disk in Windows Device Manager?

Have you double-checked lun assignment in Array management software?

Another way to check is with HBA software (e.g. SanSurfer for QLogic or HBAnyware for Emulex).

PS: 

Moving this post to Storage Foundation for Windows forum.

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi jjustgood,

Please let us know if you have things working again. 

It sounds like you may have done this operation DMP installed/used on this server.  Having multiple paths to the storage without DMP can cause corruption of data and diskgroup configuration.  I don't know if this is exact what the problem is but I would guess that the private region got corrupt if you do not have DMP installed.

If you have not fixed this issue by now, I would recommend that open a case with Symantec Technical Support so that we can help you get this back to a running state.

Thank you,

Wally