cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPI ERROR V-9-30-2015

rodhose2012
Not applicable

CPI ERROR V-9-30-2015 The following required OS rpms were not found on RHEL6:

nss-softokn-freebl-3.12.9-3.el6.i686 glibc-2.12-1.25.el6.i686 pam-1.1.1-8.el6.i686 libgcc-4.4.5-6.el6.i686
libstdc++-4.4.5-6.el6.i686

tried to install Storage Foundation on RHEL 6.2  and got the above error. no matter whether i try to install any of these,

1)  Veritas Dynamic Multi-Pathing (DMP)
     2)  Veritas Cluster Server (VCS)
     3)  Veritas Storage Foundation (SF)
     4)  Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability (SFHA)
     5)  Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System HA (SFCFSHA)
     6)  Symantec VirtualStore (SVS)
     7)  Veritas Storage Foundation for Sybase ASE CE (SFSYBASECE)
     8)  Veritas Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC (SF Oracle RAC)

same error shows up, ie packages are not found. I am surprised that very few people came across this this error,  i tried to install nss-softokn-feebl-3.12.9-3.el6.i686 , which again shows many more packages has to be installed.

trying to get the webinstaller work is even more frustrating, it gets stuck initially with error,

xprtlwid could not start on port(s) 14172

In short i cannot install any of the above tools.

plz help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Essentially the SFHA installation error is due to some pre-requisite RPMs not being found on the system. I have seen this on a number of RHEL 6.x vanilla installations

The RPMs are on the RHEL media. Since some of the RPMs may have other dependencies, so it may be easier to install them via YUM etc

cheers

tony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi ,

have you tried running SORT checklist reports & see what packages are shown as pre-requisites for the installation ?

something as explained in

http://www.symantec.com/business/support//index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH183308

another article

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178372

G

TonyGriffiths
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Essentially the SFHA installation error is due to some pre-requisite RPMs not being found on the system. I have seen this on a number of RHEL 6.x vanilla installations

The RPMs are on the RHEL media. Since some of the RPMs may have other dependencies, so it may be easier to install them via YUM etc

cheers

tony