cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I carry out Veritas SF license renewal

kayode_ikugbayi
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Please can anyone tell me how to carry out a License renewal on a Sunfire E25k with three domains. The system's license has expired close to three yrs ago, now the customer has paid a license renewal for Veritas SF and SFDR.
I have not done this before, I need to know the steps and commands required for this.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

g_lee
Level 6
kayode,

From your earlier posts, it appears the 25K systems previously had licenses, they expired, but now they've been renewed, and now you're trying to generate generate license keys for the server(s) based on the renewal/new order.

On the Certificate document you should have a Customer Number and there shoujld also be an Sales Order # (up the top?)

1. Go to the licensing portal:
https://licensing.symantec.com/acctmgmt/index.jsp

2. Login if you already have an account, or register/create a new account.

3. (if you're registering a new account, it may prompt you to enter this already, can't recall off the top of my head)
- Once you're logged in, go to "My Account" (up the top under the title bar, it should be the last item left-to-right)
- Click the "Customer Number" sub-tab (should again be last/right-most one)
- Enter the Customer number and matching order number to add the renewal to your online acct.

This should add the renewal to the account, then you can go to the "Get a License Key" and "Manage My Licenses" sections to generate keys, etc as needed.

If you still have issues after registering, you may need to contact customer care to sort out any issues with the licensing/your account:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care_pop.jsp

hope that helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
I hope you alrady have the license keys in place. If not yet then go the following link and follow the instructions to avail license keys or else call us Symantec Technical Support and request to redirect you to licensing department.

Once you have the license key then:

1.>
#mv /etc/vx/licenses/lic /etc/vx/licenses/lic.old
#mkdir /etc/vx/licenses/lic

2.>
# vxlicinst

3.> Provide the license key that you have and you are done.

To verify if lincense got installed properly or not run:
# vxlicrep

Regards,
Dev

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Kayode, if license keys have not been renewed for so many years, the customer might be required to re-purchase.
Best if you contact Symantec Customer Care.
Hopefully the original license key certificate is still available? When contacting Customer Care, you will need the Customer id, Customer name and location.
Start with the Customer Care Web site: http://customercare.symantec.com/
You will find a link called : "Submit a request" as well as Most Popular  Answers.

See question 43 under 'Most Popular Answers':

Process for renewing a product

Good luck!

kayode_ikugbayi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thanks Marianne, actually we already have the License renewal re-purchased from Symantec, but what I want to understand is how do I get this activated.

What I have on the Basic Support Certificate document sent to us is as follows;

Product Name/Description: VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION STANDARD 5.0 SOL TIER N RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND B

QUANTITY: 2

Part ******

RTSM ID/Support ID *********

orig Ref*********

IB Ref*********

Start Date********

End Date***********

so how do I effect the renewal.

Thank you

kayode_ikugbayi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thanks Dev, actually I did not give a vivid description of  what I have. we have already applied and gotten a renewal from Symantec and not License keys. I have captured the content of what was sent to us and it is described below.

What I have on the Basic Support Certificate document sent to us is as follows;

Product Name/Description: VRTS STORAGE FOUNDATION STANDARD 5.0 SOL TIER N RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS REWARDS BAND B

QUANTITY: 2

Part ******

RTSM ID/Support ID *********

orig Ref*********

IB Ref*********

Start Date********

End Date***********

so how do I effect the renewal which I believe is meant for support purpose.

Thank you

g_lee
Level 6
kayode,

From your earlier posts, it appears the 25K systems previously had licenses, they expired, but now they've been renewed, and now you're trying to generate generate license keys for the server(s) based on the renewal/new order.

On the Certificate document you should have a Customer Number and there shoujld also be an Sales Order # (up the top?)

1. Go to the licensing portal:
https://licensing.symantec.com/acctmgmt/index.jsp

2. Login if you already have an account, or register/create a new account.

3. (if you're registering a new account, it may prompt you to enter this already, can't recall off the top of my head)
- Once you're logged in, go to "My Account" (up the top under the title bar, it should be the last item left-to-right)
- Click the "Customer Number" sub-tab (should again be last/right-most one)
- Enter the Customer number and matching order number to add the renewal to your online acct.

This should add the renewal to the account, then you can go to the "Get a License Key" and "Manage My Licenses" sections to generate keys, etc as needed.

If you still have issues after registering, you may need to contact customer care to sort out any issues with the licensing/your account:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care_pop.jsp

hope that helps.

kayode_ikugbayi
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much, I have gone to https://licensing.symantec.com/acctmgmt/index.jsp and I can see everything you've described to me, but how do I identify the Matching order number.

Thanks

g_lee
Level 6
Does your renewal have an order number (might be called sales order #) on it? that is probably the matching order number (ie: for the product/renewal that you're registering)

If it doesn't have these details, or if it's still not working, think you need to contact the rep/customer care to see if they can help you further, since we can't see what's actually on your license certificate or what the background is with the account.

kayode_ikugbayi
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello g_lee, I have finally sorted outed the license renewal issue. The information you gave me really helped.

Thanks man.

Kayode

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I have moved the solution to g_lee's post  - it's just fair that he gets the credit.

g_lee
Level 6
Thanks Marianne.

NB: she ;)