cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install on Solaris 10 - ..../perl/bin: cannot execute

OOlafsson
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have been trying to install the Storage Foundation on a Solaris box. Running ./installer from the DVD gives me quickly the following error message, 3 repeated lines:

./installer: ./perl/SunOS/perl/bin/perl: cannot execute

After installing Solaris I updated it and and installed the compainon programs. I also compiled and installed perl 5.8.8.

Does anyone have a clue on what the problem is?

Best regards

9 REPLIES 9

robertcross10
Level 2

I'm getting this exact problem on downloaded tar files and now from DVD media as well direct from symantec. Does anybody have any idea how to get around this or have a answer.

rgds

John

springer
Level 4
 Pkgchk VRTSperl .. issue is that veritas needs its own perl so hence issue re-install VRTSperl ?

robertcross10
Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply, from reading some of the other posts, I had already installed from the DVD, the VRTSperl.tar.gz package, which when I do a pkginfo -i, shows up as installed...I did also try and include in my .profile a path to include /opt/VRTSperl:/opt/VRTSperl/lib/perl 5.8.8 as well...just in case...and still I get the same error as you did.

Any of ideas.

John

DejanR
Level 3
Are you starting installation from Sparc version or Intel?

robertcross10
Level 2

It's Solaris 10 x64 bit on Intel Architecture....It's actually a Vmware Virtual machine if that helps..

thanks john

DejanR
Level 3
Check that VMWare machine is set to Solaris 10 x64bit, that you installed Solaris 10 x64 and that you are trying to install Veritas SF 5.0 Solaris x64 for Intel and not the Sparc version (Solaris). What is the name of file from which you restored dvd?

DejanR
Level 3

sukhi
Not applicable
I'm having the exact same problem here on a Sparc Solaris 10 Platform. I've downloaded the following media from symantec: sxrt5.0x64_x86_5.0x64a.dvd1.tar.gz suggestions?

DejanR
Level 3

sukhi,

this dvd is a Veritas software for 64-bit Intel platform (x64_x86) and you have Sparc :)