cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFW 5 installation on a MSCS cluster

Level 2
I plan to evaluate SFW5 on an existing MSCS, W2K3 Enterprise. Currently, its volumes are on a CX300 but I plan to mirror them to an AX150, therefore I believe SFW5 will be the right solution for this. Unfortunately, I have no experience with it, therefore I need some urgent answers.

Is it possible to install SFW 5 on this MSCS with already running clustered volumes, without scratching it ? I've read that version 4.3 required the base cluster only (no additional volume beside the quorum) for installation. Does SFW5 still has this limitation ? The MSCS cluster will host soon a SQL2000 Cluster.

Is it possible to enter the license key later on, without reinstalling the product ?

Does the Quorum volume has to be the host LUN0 ? What happens if is not this case ?

Thanks in advance.
Gabriel

1 REPLY 1

Douglas_Snyder
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello;

SFW 5.0 is a great choice for this solution.  You can install SFW over your exisitng MSCS instance; the procedures for this can be found here: http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Storage_Foundation_for_Windows/286858.pdf starting on page 142.  Thanks.

Doug Snyder
Sr System Engineer
Symantec Corp.