cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on BESR V8.5 yet?

it_wasn_t_me_it
Level 4

Good afternoon,

Any news when BESR V8.5 will be released or how I can obtain a BETA version?

Is there a list of new features or bug fixes in BESR V8.5 available to view?

Please tell me there's an option to push the new version out using the manager console!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The next release is not scheduled for some time, but indeed you can get on the beta program for it by going to https://Symbeta.symantec.com  A service patch update will be release here soon, with a software change notice often to follow a week to two weeks thereafter. With the service patch updates at least, it can be made into a new EasyInstaller package that can be sent out as a whole new install requiring a reboot. The key files that  updates in the past tend to focus on, due to their nature with the Windows operating system, even applied separately from a full install would still require a reboot of the system to function correctly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The next release is not scheduled for some time, but indeed you can get on the beta program for it by going to https://Symbeta.symantec.com  A service patch update will be release here soon, with a software change notice often to follow a week to two weeks thereafter. With the service patch updates at least, it can be made into a new EasyInstaller package that can be sent out as a whole new install requiring a reboot. The key files that  updates in the past tend to focus on, due to their nature with the Windows operating system, even applied separately from a full install would still require a reboot of the system to function correctly.

TomMLS
Level 5

Will 8.5 fix the issues in this thread -- BESR 8.x issues with OS/pagefile/VSS... ???

Thank you, Tom

ConnorD
Level 3
Partner

Seconded.

And, how may I obtain it without waiting for the upgrade notification to arrive?