cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R3 and the included SSR2010 Licence

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Hi @all,

we are using the BE2010R3 and the SSR2010 on a SBS2003.
(we have a valid Maintenance/Subscription)

Is it possible to get an upgrade Licence for the included SSR2010 to use the new SSR2011?

(We have some SSR2011 Desktop Licences and would like to use them with the new SSR2011 on the Server too.)

Thanks!

best regards
Danny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Sounds like a firewall issue then. As a test (to prove this theory), can you disable the firewall?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

criley
Employee Accredited

Not sure about this. You should check with our licensing team:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Had a Phone Call with License Team in Germany.

It is not possible to upgrade the included Licence (BESR2010) to SSR2011.

Thats really bad because we bought SSR2011 for our Workstations and can´t use it.
(The Server only run 2010 and cannot Manage the Clients.)

Symantec should fix this ASAP. With a valid Maintenance this must be possible.

regards
Danny

criley
Employee Accredited

Thats really bad because we bought SSR2011 for our Workstations and can´t use it.
(The Server only run 2010 and cannot Manage the Clients.)

How many client machines do you have?

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

10 at this time. 

criley
Employee Accredited

Let me check on this and get back to you.

criley
Employee Accredited

You say 10 'at this time'. Does this mean that you plan to add more? If yes, how many more?

criley
Employee Accredited

From what I understand, it should be possible to manage SSR 2011 clients using BESR 2010. Are you saying this is not working for you? What error/symptoms are you seeing?

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Hi Chris,

thanks for your Help on this.
At this Time there are no Plans to add more Workstations.

I don´t remember the Error but it was not possible to manage the 2010 Clients.
But i can test it again if you are sure about this. :)

Maybe you can give a hint to the Licence Department to correct this and let us Upgrade to SSR2011.
The German Licence Team told me there was more Questions like this...

Thanks!

Danny

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, please try again and let me know exactly what error/symptoms you are seeing. It should work.

Is there a specific reason you need SSR instead of BESR for your client machines?

Maybe you can give a hint to the Licence Department to correct this and let us Upgrade to SSR2011.
The German Licence Team told me there was more Questions like this...

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that the license team are getting lots of customers asking the same question?

I don´t remember the Error but it was not possible to manage the 2010 Clients

You mean, the 2011 clients. Right?

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

- I will try it again in the next Days.

- There is no specific reason for SSR2011 on the Clients, but if i pay for the Licence then i would like to use the Product i paid for.

- I mean that i was not the only one wo called the German Licence Team and asked "How can the in BE2010R3 included BESR2010 upgraded to SSR2011, because we have a valid Maintenance..."

- Yes, i mean SSR2011 on the clients. :) 

Thanks!

criley
Employee Accredited

- There is no specific reason for SSR2011 on the Clients, but if i pay for the Licence then i would like to use the Product i paid for.

Sure, I understand that. I just wanted to see if there was a specific technical reason why you were using SSR on the clients.

Please report back once you have tested this. If I get time, I'll do the same here as well.

criley
Employee Accredited

Just tested here today using BESR 2010 to connect to a SSR 2011 SP1 client - it works fine. I guess there must be something within your environment that is causing this to fail.

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Does not work here. The BESR2010 shows me the correct Client Info (Name of the new Agend SSR 2011) 
but it won´t connect.

Firewall Rules on the Client are set. (for Agent and Tray)

Any Ideas?

criley
Employee Accredited

Sounds like a firewall issue then. As a test (to prove this theory), can you disable the firewall?

Danny_Wackes
Level 4

Found it. It was an error in the GPO. (Wrong Path for the SSR File in the Firewall Rule)

Thanks Chris!