cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 7.0 - cannot to retrieve list of drives

MG_2
Level 2
I am nearing the end of my patience with this product.

I am currently trying to define a simple back up - a folder (with subfolders) on a drive.

I run through the backup wizard, set the job up, only to be told at the end that it was "unable to add protection" because
"-Info 6C8F1C25: Cannot add protection.
--Cannot retrieve list of drives."
I can find the drives just fine.

I have been on hold with the only local support number I can find for 30 minutes now, listening to some of the most painful on hold music I've ever encountered.

This product does not perform its intended/stated purpose; I am getting close to the point of fighting for a refund and replacing it with something that works. I currently have it protecting four servers and there are problems on each of them.

If anybody from symantec actually has a solution for this and maybe a support phone number for Australian users that gets answered, I'd love to hear it.

TIA,
MG.

6 REPLIES 6

Mr_Thomas
Level 2
Symantec BESR 7.0 - I am having a similar problem with 1 of 4 systems. I try to create a backup schedule and I get:

"Info 6C8F1C25: Cannot add the backup job.
--An error occurred while scheduling the job.
---Error EC8F1772: The following component is not installed correctly: Symantec.EventMonitors.EventMonitorMgrList.
EventMonitors.EventMonitorMgrList."

I do get an event scheduled for 10:00 pm even though I get an error and when I edit the event and change to the preferred time of 9:00 am I can not save the schedule.

I have uninstalled Symantec BESR 7.0 and re-installed with no change. I have the SBESR 7.0 installed on 3 other servers and they work fine.

Scott_Douglass
Level 3
I had the same issue, Ran a repair of backup exec system recovery. This fixed my issue.

TomMLS
Level 5
Another solution: Go in, reconfigure the job, keep all the settings, this seems to reset BESR, which is pretty bad at remembering its settings.

Thanks, Tom

Martin_C
Level 4
Employee
MG,

How big is the volume where files are located? And second question, is it GPT partition?

Rishi_Sood
Level 2
MG,  were you able to resolve your issue?  We have two identical W2k3 servers both with BESR installed.  One works great, and the other is giving me this error.  It does not see the hard drive at all as a source disk.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alltasks_IT
Level 2

Hi

From what I can tell, this is one of the symptoms of a partitioning error.

I have an install of BESR8 which gives me this exact error when attempting to define a files and folders backup, and this Other error when defining a disk image (https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=besr_installation&message.id=180).

If you run the PartInfo.exe util and find that same type of WARNING message, you'll at least know what is causing this problem.