cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 7: blue screen appears on startup after a cold start

Seitenmacher
Level 2
BESR 7 causes a very strange problem on my notebook (IBM ThinkPad T60p).
Everytime, when starting the system by pressing the on/off switch I get a blue screen with a stop error code 0x0000007F, before the log on promt appears. After rebooting, the system starts without any failure.

OS: Windows XP SP2 (with all Microsoft updates installed)

I really don't know what the reason for this can be, so I would be very thankful for any hints.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Before the current version of BESR you are using, did you have any previous version of BESR or LSR installed on the system?

Most BSOD's are driver related.  When the BSOD error occurs, what driver file is referenced?

Thanks.

Seitenmacher
Level 2
No, just Symantec AntiVirus Client Security Vers. 10.1 which is still installed.

I'm sorry, but there is no driver file referenced. I only get this code:
Error Code 1000007f, 1. Parameter 00000008, 2. Parameter 80042000, 3. Parameter 00000000, 4. Parameter 00000000.

Is there a way for me to receive more details about the error message, which will help you?

Thanks.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

You may be able to do a KB search on Symantec's or Microsoft's web site for more information.  If you're willing, at this point I would suggest contacting Symantec support.  They will be better able to troubleshoot the blue screen.

Thanks.