cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR Error EA39070A

Erin_Edwards
Level 2
I am working with BESR 6.5 Desktop Edition. I created an image of an XP machine and saved it to the network. When trying to restore to another compatible pc, I get the following error:

EA39070A: Internal structure of image is invalid or unsupported.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a fix for this? I assume my image must be corrupt...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Vladimir_Vuci1
Level 4
Hi Erin,

This is what Symantec has in KB about this error:

Situation:
When you try to open an image in Backup Image Browser, you see the error message "EA39070A: ERR_CORRUPT_BUNDLE 'The internal structure of the PQI file is invalid or unsupported' ."

Solution:
This problem has more than one cause and solution. Follow the instructions that apply your situation:

Cause 1
Typically, this error is reported if the image file is damaged or corrupted. Damage can occur when creating an image over a network if there is significant packet loss during the image creation process. Symantec recommends that you verify images after they are created to ensure their integrity.

Solution 1
Create a new image file in a different location, or create a new image file with a different file name in the same location.

Cause 2
The image file may be fine, but there may be a conflict with spyware detection software, which may be causing the image file to appear to be corrupted.

Solution 2
While using Drive Image, V2i Protector, or Backup Image Browser, disable spyware detection software. - NOTE: it also stands for BESR 6.5

Cause 3
This error can occur if you copy an image file from one FireWire drive to another FireWire drive that is connected to a FireWire expansion card that uses a Via chipset (such as the Kouwell card).

Solution 3
To work around this issue, replace your Via-based FireWire expansion card with a card that uses a non-Via chipset (such as the Adaptec 4300 Fireconnect, which uses a TI chipset).

If these fixes do not correct the problem, run diagnostic tests or switch out your system RAM.

techno_nerd
Level 4
Erin,

Were you able to do any troubleshooting and get any further? Did Vladimir's suggestions help out at all?

Thanks,

Technonerd