cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BESR Restore Anyware Option

Bernie_Brettsch
Not applicable
Hi! I have somewhat successfully restored a W2K Member Server (old Hardware: HP NetServer LC2000) to a new IBM eServer x336 machine (RAID 1) using BESR option "restore to any new hardware". The new system boots fine with the pre-installed IBM/LSI scsi controller driver. Next, W2K is checking for new hardware and is asking for additional hardware drivers. Along with the drivers for the HDD-controller, the ones for video and LAN were no problem to install, however, USB devices and USB controller could not be located/updated. I have been in touch with IBM about missing the drivers, and I was told that if they cannot be found on their support website, I would be out of luck. Additionally, they advised me that imaging in conjunction with their server products was not supported. Also, what am I supposed to do with the old HP drivers which have been copied over to the new machine, and what about the registry? Aren't they conflicting with the new hardware? The documentation supplied with the product does not give any post installation instructions. I'm in a bind here! Perhaps someone can help me out with some detailed "how to instructions".
Any assistance with be greatly appreciated!
0 REPLIES 0