cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery - Consolidating incementals and base.

francisco_Vera
Not applicable
Would like to know if its possible to consolidate incremental's and base images in order to create a new base, where your able to continue adding incremental's.

I know of Storage Craft having this function.

I am aware of the recovery point browser having the functionality to archive images, I find its very limited as i can only archive using the original base image.

If someone has looked at this before, your help would be much appreciated

regards

Francisco
7 REPLIES 7

techno_nerd
Level 4
Fransisco,

You can create a Base line and incrimental. When you are setting up your schedule, there is an option to consolidate the incrimentals.

So at the end of the week, when the new base line is made, then you would have one baseline, and one incrimental.

Make sense?

Thanks,

Technonerd

John_Rounds
Level 4
I was just looking for someone doing this in the forums because our option to do this is greyed out and I cannot figure out WHY. What would cause this to be greyed out?
Tnx.

John_Rounds
Level 4
And yes, Fransisco, I WISH we could do that...
We have to make periodic base images. At LEAST once a month. I also wish you could do just one base and do incrementals thereafter and just consolidate. Too good to be true I guess.

techno_nerd
Level 4
John,

You shoudl be able to do this just fine. Make sure that there is no hidden partition selected in the schedule for incrimentals. Other then that, you can definatly make an image of a drive once a month and incrimental it the rest of the time. I believe they recommend more like once a week baseline and rest of the week incrimentels.

John_Rounds
Level 4
Consolidate is greyed out unless I select weekly backups.
We do monthly so that we can then replicate that off site (as well as the incremental each week). Would be great to consolidate.

techno_nerd
Level 4
John,

How many incrimentals are you doing a day? I just went in and set mine to monthly, 1sd day of the month, and incrimentals every day. If I set it to one a day, I cannot consolidate. If I set it to more then one a day, I can.

thanks,

Technonerd

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
The option for endless consolidated incrementals does not exist, just run a full every week or month and incrementals nightly,

Do you have particular time constraints?