cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 - Downgrade back to BESR 8.5 on SBS 2008

Mr_K
Level 3
I decided to have a bried look at the new 2010 edition, on my SBS 2008 server here, decided that it's not really what I want to use at the moment, so uninstalled it and re-installed BESR 8.5 again.
When I tried to UPGRADE the trial 8.5 install with my genuine licence key it says its invalid!!!!!

Can anyone help and explien why my serial is no longer accepted???? I have cleared all Symantec stuff from the registery that I could find after uninstalling it, and now appear to be left with a legitimate piece of software with an unusable licence key.... HELP!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

So, to understand you correctly....are you saying that:

1. You had successfully used this same license with BESR 8.5 before upgrading to 2010?
2. You uninstall 2010, then installed 8.5 (into evaluation mode) and then tried to install the license?

If this is correct, try searching for vprosvc.rtc - if this exists, try renaming it and then restart the Backup Exec System Recovery service. Then try to add the license again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

So, to understand you correctly....are you saying that:

1. You had successfully used this same license with BESR 8.5 before upgrading to 2010?
2. You uninstall 2010, then installed 8.5 (into evaluation mode) and then tried to install the license?

If this is correct, try searching for vprosvc.rtc - if this exists, try renaming it and then restart the Backup Exec System Recovery service. Then try to add the license again.

Mr_K
Level 3
That sorted it! Many Thanks!!!