cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup mount points overwriting each other

Jimmy_Changa
Level 3

Hi, we are backing up a server with 3 mount points which each contain an instance of SQL. As you can see from the backup output, each instance is overwriting the last backup file (using the same backup destination file)

Any way around this ?

Drives and backup destinations:
    D:\SQL_DATA\A..NTROL\LOGS_DATA (D:\SQL_DATA\APPCONTROL\LOGS_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\LOGS_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\A..ONTROL\SNAPINFO (D:\SQL_DATA\APPCONTROL\SNAPINFO\) to \\workstation\backup\SNAPINFO_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\A..ROL\SYSTEM_DATA (D:\SQL_DATA\APPCONTROL\SYSTEM_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\SYSTEM_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\A..NTROL\USER_DATA (D:\SQL_DATA\APPCONTROL\USER_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\USER_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\AV\LOGS_DATA\ (D:\SQL_DATA\AV\LOGS_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\LOGS_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\AV\SNAPINFO\ (D:\SQL_DATA\AV\SNAPINFO\) to \\workstation\backup\SNAPINFO_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\AV\SYSTEM_DATA\ (D:\SQL_DATA\AV\SYSTEM_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\SYSTEM_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\AV\USER_DATA\ (D:\SQL_DATA\AV\USER_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\USER_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\LOGS_DATA\ (D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\LOGS_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\LOGS_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\SNAPINFO\ (D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\SNAPINFO\) to \\workstation\backup\SNAPINFO_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\SYSTEM_DATA\ (D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\SYSTEM_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\SYSTEM_DATA_Drive.v2i
    D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\USER_DATA\ (D:\SQL_DATA\LCS\USER_DATA\) to \\workstation\backup\USER_DATA_Drive.v2i

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you post a screenshot of the backup job configuration?

criley
Employee Accredited

What version of SSR are you using (confirm version details in Help/About)? And what operating system?

An understanding of how the mount points are configured would also help.

Jimmy_Changa
Level 3

ITs version 2003 R2 - i'm not really sure how its setup ont he SAN. I just know we have a folder on the D: with mount points to the SAN. Dunt know why it uses the same names/folders.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you post a screenshot of the backup job configuration?

Jimmy_Changa
Level 3

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

image3.PNG

criley
Employee Accredited

I think this will require a support case in order to figure out what is going on here. Log analysis will probably be needed along with a closer look at the configuration of your server.

Jimmy_Changa
Level 3

Damn, we were evaluating the software for a major migration as well. Looks like we'll need to find an alternative.