cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create the recovery disk

willsellers
Not applicable
I downloaded the besr trial and installed it on a test server.
I successfully created retore points.
When I select the creat recovery disk it ask for the source location.
This is where the problem occurs.
I'm not sure what it is looking for when it ask for the source location.
So I selected  where the application was installed... ng
I selected the restore point file location ....ng

I need to test the ability to recover to a new server. This is the only reason for buying the product.

Also does BESR replace the functions of Backup exec or do I need both?

1 REPLY 1

marcogsp
Level 6
The recovery disk is a separate disk separate from the product CD.  If you still have your download link, follow it and download the ISO for the SRD (System Recovery Disk)  Otherwise, go through the trial registration process again and download the SRD ISO file afterward.  Please be aware that the Restore Anyware feature is disabled in the trial version.  If you need to test this feature, or creating a custom SRD, or the cold imaging from the SRD,  then you will need to contact Symantec Licensing for a temporary trial license key that will unlock those features

As for your last question it depends.  BESR is primarily a disaster recovery tool that can also recover files and folders.  It does have a separate file and folder backup capability, but IMHO, it is not as good as other tools out there.  If all you need is a simple file and folder backup and recovery tool, then BESR can serve that role.  Once you start adding SQL and mail databases to the mix, that is where Backup Exec for Windows Server is the better tool.  the agents for BEWS make it a more flexible solution for backing up and restoring SQL databases and Exchange mailstores