cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see folders and e-mail messages under mailbox in Granular Restore option

yusmo
Level 3
Hi,

I just installed Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 on Windows 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010.  Backup runs successfully, but when I try to recover e-mail messages, I cannot see any folders under regular user's mailbox.  I can see all the folders under administrator account and other built in system mailboxes, but none of regular users that I create for exchange access.

Is there a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yusmo
Level 3
Yes, I am talking about built in "personal archive" of Exchange 2010.  I am just testing BESR 2010 against Exchange 2010 at this point, but I will generate a case when I need to.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

yusmo
Level 3
OK, I now found out the pattern of the issue.
Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 cannot restore individual messages from Exchange 2010 mailboxes with built-in archive.  If I create a mailbox without online archive mailbox, I can restore messages using granular restore feature.

I hope this will be fixed soon....

criley
Employee Accredited
Are you talking about 'personal archive'?

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/2010/en/us/Archiving-and-Retention.aspx

I would encourage you to open a case with tech support so that we can escalate this issue and hopefully provide a fix.

yusmo
Level 3
Yes, I am talking about built in "personal archive" of Exchange 2010.  I am just testing BESR 2010 against Exchange 2010 at this point, but I will generate a case when I need to.
Thanks!

criley
Employee Accredited
Thanks. Please keep us posted with progress on this then.