cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients are disappearing from the BESRM console

BO
Not applicable
Since a while, I'm experiencing that clients who are reporting since many weeks in my management console, suddenly disappear from this console. For the moment a have about ~300 clients reporting in the console and this count is growing all the time. It’s a scary feeling that this can happen. Does anyone know about this problem?
The only solution I found for this behavior, is re-installing client + agent again.
The management console version : 7.0.1.21816 , the clients are running version : 7.01
5 REPLIES 5

RBall
Level 5
I only maintain 8 and I have had one drop once. I had to reinstall the manager on the agent to solve the problem. It was still creating backups, just missing from the console.  That was before I upgraded to the 7.03 stuff so I'm not sure if it still occurs.  With 300 systems you have not only my sympathy but an increased risk of seeing the behavior I'm sure.

/RB

RonV
Level 3
I don't know if this issue is the same as yours.

I have approx 500 systems running lsr 6.02. I utilize 2 LSRMs and noticed that on certain installs when I first connected to publisher that the new machine overwrote an entry for a previous system. This has happened on about 5 systems. I would see an existing history from the first machine in the history of the new system. Checking in the registry I found that the ClienID assigned by LSRM/publisher was a duplicate and if I reinstalled publisher on the original machine it would reappear and the second one would disappear. My only workaround was to have the conflicting systems on different LSRMs or not install publisher on one of the boxes.

I opened a ticket and it seems that the issue is with the lsrm database. For some reason which I never really got an answer for, the application is assigning duplicate client IDs. The solution suggested was to go to the new version which I am planning but is a major undertaking as there is no backward compatibility or migration path available.

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
BO,

As RBALL stated, the backup job should continue uninterrupted on the Agent machine.  The communication loss should be only between the Management Control and BESR Manager.  The usual fix is to download and run the EasyInstaller for "Management Control ONLY".  The BESR Agent should not need to be reinstalled.

There are several communication fixes in the BESR/BESRM 7.0.3 version.  The upgrade from 7.0.1 to 7.0.3 can be a bit touchy.  The most successful method is Uninstall / Reinstall, however, an inplace upgrade is usually successful.

After upgrading BESR Manager, Agents will also need to be upgraded to the 7.0.3 version.

Regards,
Rich L

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
RonV,

Agent machines must have unique information such as computername, IP Address, and/or MAC Address.

I have seen your issue be caused by VPN Client installs, Virtual Machines, and other software that creates a virtual network card.  If you are working with this type of scenario, install BESR before install the software that creates the virtual network card.

Cheers,
Rich L

Nenad_Mihajlo1
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi All,
We have the same problem with clients randomly appearing and dosappearing in the Manager console.
We have 100 clients licenced at the site and not more than 70 clients assigned and active.
In the console, we _NEVER_ get more than 49 clients visible at _any_one_time_, without any error on the server side.
On the client side, we see single 'failure to publish' error sometimes, which is followed shortly by clients disappearance from the manager, manager groups and job assignments.
If no changes happen to the group or job definitions, the jobs are still run.
What should we do/ in order to get all of the licensed clients visible on the management server?
The BESR client version is 8.0.1.24976
BESR Manager 8 version is 8.0.1.24979
BESR Manager Server version is 8.0.0.24933

Regards,
Nenad