cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion process from System Index failing.

hardmandez
Level 2
Hi Everyone,

I am getting an error  The conversion process could not be completed. The device is not currently connected but it is a remembered connection.  This is happening at the very end of the conversion process.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have setup a simple test job for a single server which uses the recovery point to restore to an ESX 4 Server.

Are there any verification steps I can perform to verify connectivity to the ESX datastore?

Are there any advanced logging options I can review, as i said this happens at the end of the conversion process I would expect some detailed logging options to be available so that I can follow then entire process and see what it is doing when it fails.

Cheers

HDZ
4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
What version/build of BESR do you have?

And can you provide a screenshot of the error you see?

hardmandez
Level 2
Hi Chris thanks for replying,

We are using the following versions

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager 8.5.3.3.1946
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager Server 8.5.2.31871

See error below.  I suspect it is something to do with permissions or access to upload and import paths  I have however set the ESX account the conversion process uses as the owner of the target directories.

Do you know if there is any documented steps to verify connectivity from the Windows server to ESX or any documentation that discusses ESX configuration/installation requirements?

Thanks

HDZ

imagebrowser image

criley
Employee Accredited
This might help you:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/292971

hardmandez
Level 2
Hey Chris,

Yeah been through this document and had no joy.  My jobs are currently using the root account which is the folder owner by default.

I've opened up the import and upload paths so all users have rwx as well just to be sure.  I've disabled the ESX firewall as well just in case and still no joy.

Do you know what the full process actually does during the P2V process i.e what protocol and authentication methods is it using to transfer the vmdk from our Windows BESR server to the ESX server.  The whole process is a bit vague which is making troubleshoot this problem very difficult.

Thanks

HDZ