cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyInstaller won't install

wongway
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to install BESR 7.0 on Win2000 SP4 and it just times out on me and gives me this error log message:

2007-08-09 08:48:29  [SYSER] [ExecuteProcess1          ] - CreateProcess Failed LastError 5: Access is denied.

2007-08-09 08:48:29  [ERROR] [AutoUnbindAutoExecuteLoader] - Failed to execute file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery Manager\EasyInstaller\Loader.exe -loglevel 2 failed with error -1
I am logged on with an account with local admin rights so i don't know why the " Access is denied " would show up.

I have checked and .NET 2.0 and Windows installer 3.1 is already in place.  Any ideas.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Do you get any better results if you right-click the easy installer and choose the "run as" option and manually enter admin credentials?

Also, is this a default easy installer or a custom one?

Thanks.

wongway
Level 2
Hi Bill,

Thanks for quick response.  Using the run as command gives the same results.  This is a default easy installer from BESRM 7.0.

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

Is the issue specific to easy installers?  For example, if you install BESR 7.0 directly to the system from CD, do you still encounter errors?

Thanks.

wongway
Level 2
Bill,

Looks like installing straight from the CD resolved the easy installer issue.  Thanks for the great advice.