cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E4F3000B: PreSnap failed on volume

asfaraslarry
Level 2

I'm a former Ghost 15 user, and thought I'd try out SSR 2013 as a replacement for my upgraded Windows 8 desktop (as it's unclear as to whether Ghost will continue).  I'm running on the 60 day trial, but so far, not so good.

I created a backup as it used to exist in Ghost 15 under Windows 7 (which I uninstalled and selected the option to 'not' retain any settings in case I reinstalled later), and when it runs, I get the following error:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System Reserved (*:\), (C:\), (D:\).
Error E4F3000B: PreSnap failed on volume  . (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details: 
Source: Symantec System Recovery

Any thoughts as to how to resolve that so I can continue a successful evaluation?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

asfaraslarry
Level 2

Well I deleted and re-created the job and it still failed.  I rebooted and now it's letting me run it.

I rebooted after installing, but never rebooted after creating the jobs for the first time.  Perhaps there's something to that?

At any rate, seems to be humming along now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

asfaraslarry
Level 2

Well I deleted and re-created the job and it still failed.  I rebooted and now it's letting me run it.

I rebooted after installing, but never rebooted after creating the jobs for the first time.  Perhaps there's something to that?

At any rate, seems to be humming along now.