cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E98F000A: Cannot retrieve list of Images.

Lyle_Epstein
Level 3
I have upgraded serveral of our clients from BESR 8.5.3 to BESR 2010. I notice now that we get the following error:

Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point \\192.168.0.4\backups\S-SVR1_E_Drive001.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive.
 Error E98F000A: Cannot retrieve list of Images.

I see this in almost every upgrade I have performed.  It assume it is actually deleting the recovery points, but I am not sure based on the error.  The only way I have been able to resolve it (and I don't like the solution) is to do a full uninstall, including all backup jobs, history, etc. and then a new install, and then create a new backup job. The problem here is I have to re-setup all of my settings and a whole new job which then doesn't let me manage my existing recovery points with BESR. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Lyle Epstein
http://www.korteksolutions.com
16 REPLIES 16

Lyle_Epstein
Level 3
Anyone have any info on this?

jharder
Not applicable
I am having the same problem but I did not upgrade from 8.5, I just did a clean install of 2010.  I also had Backup Exec for Windows Servers 11d running on that server before the install.  I am curious if you find anything.

Thanks,

Joel

BESR20-10
Level 3

Hi Guys,

i am having the same problem. I upgraded from 8.5 to 2010.

The Error Message:

Datum: 16.04.2010 21:19:42

Benachrichtigungstyp: Info Priorität: Hoch Beschreibung: Informationen 6C8F043D: Wiederherstellungspunkt \\my-server\my-share\servername_E_Drive039_i002.iv2i gelöscht, um die Anzahl der gespeicherten Wiederherstellungspunkte für jedes Laufwerk einzuhalten. Fehler E98F000A: Cannot retrieve list of Images. The Error occurs on Windows Server 2003 x86 & x64 All of my Servers log this Message since i upgraded the Version to BESR 2010. I hope Symantec read this Post....i can't find Anything about this in the web/knowledge base Greeetz... BESR20-10

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you still seeing this error with BESR 2010 SP1?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/347749.htm

BESR20-10
Level 3

yes the error still exists:(((
any solution?

dtkmb
Level 2
Same story here using BESR 9.0.1.36527 on Win2008Std SP2 x64.

BESR20-10
Level 3
hey chris,

do you have any idea to solve that error?

criley
Employee Accredited

Does anyone have a case open with Symantec Technical Support? If yes, please provide your case ID.

BESR20-10
Level 3

Hi,

you can look at Case 411-967-092.

tanks

criley
Employee Accredited

I'll look into that case - thanks.

For others that are monitoring this thread.....it will be updated when we have some more news on this issue.

criley
Employee Accredited

For those of you that are affected by this issue, could you please confirm the following for me:

** What are you using as your backup destination? USB disk, network share etc?

Thanks in advance.

J_Isler
Not applicable

To Chris Riley

My backup destination is a SATA disk, internal, recently extended in size as a dynamic disk in Windows 7 Professional.  I'm running Ghost 15.

My symptoms have gotten serious.  I run 2 backup jobs @10PM each evening.  Ghost does the first backup; tries to delete old recovery points; encounters Error E98F000A, and then proceeds to eat one my cpu cores in an infinite loop.  At that point, the GUI (to Ghost) is unusable as the system service no longer wants to communicate.  It no longer gets to the 2nd backup job unless I start it manually following the next system boot.

At this point, I have to then shut down my system, which Ghost catches, and asks if I want to abort the backup in progress.  My only usable choice is "yes".

I can add event log entries if they are helpful to finding a cause / solution.

If anybody has some words of wisdom on a short term cure (uninstall / re-install or just deleting a corrupted database???) - I would appreciate the information.  Thanks.

IPWinsor
Level 2
Windows 2008 Server, SP2 and System Recovery 2010 with SP1 (9.0.1.36527).

Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point [Prosper-05 Backup]\Prosper-05 Backups\PROSPER-05_C_Drive004.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive. Error E98F000A: Cannot retrieve list of Images.

The recovery point in question has been deleted by the automatic process that ensures that there is always enough space available on my on-site backup drive. 

My on-site drive is external eSata; my offsite drive is external USB 2.0.

The error message occurs after the backup finishes sucessfully, and before the offsite copy process starts.

Alexander_CuT
Level 1
Partner
Hi guys,

BESR 2010, SmallBusinessServer Edition 9.01.36527, external USB RDX Drives.

Works twice (i.e. 2 weeks) wonderful.
Thereafter old backups should be deleted to create space for new backups.
That is when I get "Error E98F000A: Cannot retrieve list of Images".

Quite annoying for me and my customer, since it always takes 2 weeks before we see a result of what I did in order to fix the issue.
I have tried re-formatting the cartridges, updating to the version stated above, re-configuring the backup jobs.

Any new ideas???

Alexander

BESR20-10
Level 3

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/352299.htm

looks like an cosmetic error...

Paul_Ross
Level 2

I am running BESR 2010 9.0.2.37914 and have just received this error.

Am running Windows 2008 R2, backing up to an external drive.

Curiously, this happened immediately after renaming the external USB drive that I backup to.  BESR still deleted the older images as required.