cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB00CC: Application unable to continue due to lack of memory.

Infranet
Not applicable
I get the error

Error EBAB00CC: Application unable to continue due to lack of memory.

This is in version 7.01 with all updates applied.  This cause the program to "freeze" and the service from being stopped.  The only work around is to reboot.  Happens at least once a week on a new server with 4 gigs of RAM and plenty of HD space.  The backup is only backing up one drive, not two.  HELP!!!

13 REPLIES 13

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
Hello Infranet,

This issue has been reported to Symantec.  The 7.0.2 version should resolve this issue.  Running LiveUpdate will upgrade the Backup Exec System Recovery.  This update should be available in the coming week.

Run LiveUpdate, Reboot, and then open BESR and go to Help > About to determine version.

Cheers,
Rich L

Message Edited by Rich L on 11-03-2007 02:47 PM

Dan_Wall
Not applicable
Hi Rich,

I am currently running version 7.0.2.23035 and am still having the problem described by the original poster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan.

Brent_Lindon
Level 2

I to am having the same problems as the original poster.

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Data (D:\), Tech (E:\), OS (C:\). Error EC8F03EA: Cannot create a virtual volume image of the selected drive. Error EBAB00CC: Application unable to continue due to lack of memory.

Details: 0xEBAB00CC

I have run Live update and nothing seems to help.  So far, the only thing that seems to work is to reboot the server.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BDOSysAdmin
Level 2
I get the same error after it does a number of incremental backups (usually halts after less than a week): 

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job:  Drive Backup of Software Install (F:\), Company Data (D:\).  Error EC8F03EA:  cannot create a virtual volume image of the selected drive.  Error EBAB00CC:  Application unable to continue due to lack of memory.

I am running BESR 7.03 and according to previous threads it should have been fixed in this version.  Has someone had the same problem or know of the solution?  Please help!

DannyBoy
Level 3
Accredited Certified

I have the same problem with System Recovery 8.0, but when I tried to recovery a server.

Somebody Can help me?

Symantec sucks! 

Bebeu
Level 3

I have the same issues with many computers .

Only 1 hard drive is save.

I have to kill VPROSVC.EXE who is not responding, and I re start BESR service.

I am using BESR 7.01 , I have upgrade to 7.04 , but still the same.

We need help !

daveohr
Not applicable
I am experiencing the same issue.  Only solutions seems to be rebooting.  I have run LiveUpdate and am currently up to date with the latest version.  This started 2 weeks ago out of the blue. 

mattebury
Not applicable
Same problem here.  Just started a couple of days ago.  New server, plenty of RAM and HD space and version 7.0.4.26323.  Whats the deal?

PatPatriot55
Level 4
I have seen this issue while trying restore Dell PE2800 server woth 4GB.
Worked around issue by removing 2GB of RAM. Then I was able to restore
and re-install the RAM.

criley
Employee Accredited
This issue is being worked on by our engineering team:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/314121

puckogre
Not applicable
We've seen this on 2k3 SP2 servers also running 4G RAM with dual Xeon 5148's running on SuperMicro X7DVA-8 mobos & LSI 8708 SAS RAID controllers.  Latest bios/firmware all the way around on the hardware.  Running BESR 8.5.3.31483.

This error shows up more often if the BESR console is left up overnight.  We also see issues with the VPROSVC.EXE stalling on server reboots on a regular basis (more often than not).  Are these problems something that is isolated to 32bit Server OS's running 4 GB of ram?  Raisenkane's post above has me wondering if 64bit Server 2k3 users are experiencing the same type of errors.  We have more than adequate hardware to shift now, but our configuration management precludes shifting to 64 bit licensing...

Any thoughts??

PatPatriot55
Level 4
Dell Latitude E6500 laptops
The restore will not work if you have 4Gb of RAM or more. You’ll get Error EBAB00CC: Application unable to continue due to lack of memory and abort between 15-25% into the restore process – using a backup made with Symantecs BESR 7.x or 8.x.

Solution is to pull out one of the RAM sticks to bring it down to 2Gb. At this point it will restore just fine

JWK
Level 4
Did this issue get resolved in a SP?